At times, you might want to exclude specific devices from your Ads campaigns. For example, you might not want your ads to appear on mobile devices in a specific campaign. Or you might want your ads in a certain ad group to show up on mobile devices only.
You can tune the bid adjustment settings and increase or decrease the likelihood of your ads to appear on certain devices – including stop showing your ads on a particular device. To change the likelihood of your ads showing up on a particular device, simply increase or decrease the bid in the bid adjustment. To stop showing your ads on a particular device, decrease the bid by 100%.
You can set the bid adjustments at campaign or ad group levels. Note however that if you set the bids at both levels, the bids at ad group level with take precedence.
Setting Bid Adjustments at Campaign Level
To set bid adjustments at campaign level, follow these steps.
- Go to the campaigns tab and click the required campaign.
- Click Settings.
- Click Devices.
- In the Bid adj. column, click the value against your required device. Enter the number as a percentage to increase or decrease the bid.
PS: You can adjust your bids in the range of -100% to +900%.
Setting Bid Adjustments at Ad Group Level
Setting bids adjustment at group level is quite similar. Just click the campaign and then click the required ad group. You will not find all the setting available at the campaign level. However, you will find the devices tab. Click this tab and set the adjustment the way you set the adjustments at campaign level.
Example: If you do not want to show your ad on desktop computers and are less interested in showing your ad on tablets, you can adjust the bids at ad group level as follows.
- Go to the required ad group, click settings, and then click devices.
- Click the Bid adj. column against Computers, select Decrease by in the resulting dialog box and type 100. Click Save.
- Click the Bid adj. column against Tablets with full browsers, select Decrease by in the resulting dialog box and type 50. Click Save.
With these settings, your ads in this ad group will utilize 100% bid for mobile devices, 50% bid for tablets with full browsers, and will not show up at all on desktop computers.